Cincinnati Museum Center Internships offer a wide array of learning opportunities and hands-on, practical experiences. Eligible candidates considering an internship are defined as individuals who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- have graduated within the past year
- are currently enrolled in graduate school
The time commitment for internships is a total of 10 weeks, unless indicated otherwise in the position description. Winter internships will begin on November 21 and end on January 26. Shifts are flexible and depend on assignment. These positions are unpaid, but include a selection of benefits provided to all Cincinnati Museum Center volunteers.
Apply for an internship
Complete the application packet (due November 8, 2017 at 5 p.m.) by following these steps:
- To complete the application online, click here:Online Application Form or
- Click here to download the Application Form (PDF) to mail
- Provide one Reference Form
Also include the following:
- Current résumé or CV
- Cover letter stating your current academic level and describing your interest and relevant experience related to the internship position(s) for which you are applying. You may list up to three positions.
- A transcript from an accredited institution, or have the institution’s registrar send it to the address below. (An unofficial transcript is acceptable.)
- A brief writing sample appropriate to your area of study.
- If interested in receiving academic credit from your accredited institution, please provide their requirements/guidelines
The completion of all above items is required to be considered.
Submit all forms and documents by November 8, 2017 at 5 p.m. EST via email at email@example.com or by mail to:
Cincinnati Museum Center
Volunteer & Intern Services
Internship Application Packet
250 West Court Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
All completed application packets will be reviewed and sent to the departments of interest indicated in the cover letter. If a department's Internship Mentor is interested in pursuing you as a potential intern candidate, he/she will contact you to schedule an interview. This interview may be conducted over the phone or in person.
During your interview, you will discuss your academic program, your interests/experience and your availability. Individuals offered an internship will be notified via email, pending a clear background check. All accepted interns will be then contacted for orientation and training to review the policies and procedures of Cincinnati Museum Center.